Steeroids kits are completely bolt-on and without modification so you can return your Corvette to its factory (original) steering at any time. Which can only be done by providing you a completely new ididit steering column for your steering system upgrade. Steering columns are available in chrome, black or paintable which would allow you to paint to match your C1 Corvette's interior.
Here are just some of the benefits of Steeroids rack & pinion system for your 1953-1962 Corvette:
- Offers Improved Steering Feel: Recirculating ball steering is vague and unresponsive, especially "on center". Control is greatly enhanced.
- Offers Quicker Ratio: Steeroids power kits yield approximately 2.5 turns lock-to-lock (~2.9 for manual).
- Lighter Weight: Compared to the stock steering system.
- Bolt-On Installation: Absolutely no welding, cutting or drilling. Installs with basic hand tools in approximately 6 hours. Includes rack & pinion, adapter brackets (powder coated black), adjustable tie rod ends (self cleaning & lubricating, Teflon lined), u-joint assembly, and new ididit steering column (chrome, black or paintable)
- Power Steering options include everything to convert to power rack and pinion (or you can stay manual if you desire). Parts included power steering pump, power steering pulley, engine mount brackets, and the power steering hoses to the rack & pinion.
- Steeroids Come As A Complete Kit: All necessary parts are included, including all mounting hardware for a no-hassle installation.
Note: 1953-1962 Steeriods Rack & Pinion kits are designed to be installed on Corvettes without headers. If your early model Corvette has headers installed, please call a Zip Corvette salesperson for more details. Steeriod steering systems are availabe for C1 Corvettes with header options.
Due to current supply issues with steering columns - C1 Corvette Steeroids conversions require approximately 8 weeks for shipment.