Everything needed for converting your original 3 or 4-speed 1963-1967 Corvette to a Tremec 5-speed manual transmission - perfect for those who desire improved performance, increased drivability while maintaining the stock look and feel.
Kit includes Tremec TKO 5-speed OD transmission with custom machined PerfectFit side-mount shifter, transmission crossmember bracket (No Modifications Required!), speedometer cable/adapter, 5-speed console emblem, reverse light adapter and dynamically balanced lightweight custom driveshaft with quick release slip yoke and u-joints. This transmission kit includes detailed instructions to complete the installation.
Tremec TKO kits have dominated the marketplace for well over a decade now. The PerfectFit Tremec TKOs not only add value to classic cars but they provide unparalleled drivability without compromise to the original, factory looks. The TKO 600 transmission is capable of handling 600lb-ft torque while handling shifts up to 6,200 rpms. Interchangeable with both mechanical or hydraulic clutch actuators without tearing tear down the transmission. Designed for everyday street use - an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners. 1-year warranty with a 2-year installation window. TKO 600 gear ratio 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, 0.64 or 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, 0.82. Specify 1st gear ration when ordering.
What to expect when converting your 1963-1967 Corvette to the Tremec TKO 5-speed transmission:
- 30-50% increase in fuel economy
- Low RPM cruising for greatly reduced driver fatigue and an improved highway driving experience. Road trips are fun again!
- Reduced engine wear leading to longer engine life
- Cooler engine operating temperatures
- Reduced NVH (noise - vibration - harshness)
Tremec TKO Kit Components Overview
- Tremec TKO 600 5 Speed Overdrive - 600 ft/lb torque capacity - wide or close ratio
- Compact billet aluminum shifter mechanism provides smooth shifting with short throws. True internal offset with perfect factory shifter positioning
- Exclusive SST case customization - CNC machined for a PerfectFit without compromise to the transmission
- Thoroughly tested for leaks and performance
- CAD Designed Transmission Crossmember - high strength, easy bolt in, no frame mods required
- Driveshaft & Quick Release Slip Yoke - Lightweight, steel, custom driveshaft for superior strength. Dynamically balanced for smooth operation and premium solid u-joints come standard
- Speedometer Connection - Mechanical and electronic compatible
- Calibrated Speedo Cable or Electronic Speedo Connector
- Reverse Light Connector
- Pilot Bearing - Super heavy duty needle roller type with lube seal for long life
- Isolator Mount - Rubber for vibration isolation
- 5 Speed Shift Pattern Plate - Maintains original appearance
- Installation Hardware and Detailed Installation Instructions - including free lifetime tech support
- 12 Month Product Warranty - Includes 24-month activation delay so you can finish your project.
Note: Does not include shifter handle - can use your Corvette's existing bolt-on shifter handle or replace with Zip #TM-398 depending on the application. Packages are designed for manual to manual conversions. See related items for 1963-1967 Corvette automatic to manual conversion.