Everything needed for upgrading your original 3 or 4-speed C1 Corvette to a Tremec manual transmission - perfect for those who desire improved performance, increased drivability while maintaining the stock look and feel. Available in close or wide ratio TKO 5-speed options.
Kit includes Tremec TKO 500 transmission with custom designed PerfectFit side-mount shifter, custom transmission cross-member, speedometer cable/adapter, 5-speed console emblem, reverse light adapter and dynamically balanced driveshaft with quick release slip yoke and u-joints.
Tremec TKO kits have dominated the market place for well over a decade now. The PerfectFit Tremec TKOs not only add value to classic cars but they provide unparalleled drivability without compromise to the original, factory looks. The TKO500 transmission is capable of handling 500lb-ft torque while handling shifts up to 6,200 rpms. Interchangeable with both mechanical or hydraulic clutch actuators without tearing tear down the transmission. Designed for everyday street use - an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners. 1-year warranty with a 2-year installation window. TKO 500 gear ratio 3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1.00, 0.68.
What to expect when converting your 1955-1962 Corvette to the Tremec TKO 5-speed transmission:
- 30-50% increase in fuel economy
- Low RPM cruising for greatly reduced driver fatigue and an improved highway driving experience. Road trips are fun again!
- Reduced engine wear leading to longer engine life
- Cooler engine operating temperatures
- Reduced NVH (noise - vibration - harshness)
Tremec TKO Kit Components Overview
- Tremec TKO 5 Speed Overdrive - 500 ft/lb torque capacity
- Compact billet aluminum shifter mechanism provides smooth shifting with short throws. True internal offset with perfect factory shifter positioning
- Exclusive SST case customization - CNC machined for a PerfectFit without compromise to the transmission
- Thoroughly tested for leaks and performance
- CAD Designed Transmission Crossmember - high strength, easy bolt in, no frame mods required
- Driveshaft & Quick Release Slip Yoke - Lightweight, steel, custom driveshaft for superior strength. Dynamically balanced for smooth operation and premium solid u-joints come standard
- Speedometer Connection - Mechanical and electronic compatible
- Calibrated Speedo Cable or Electronic Speedo Connector
- Reverse Light Connector
- Pilot Bearing - Super heavy duty needle roller type with lube seal for long life
- Isolator Mount - Rubber for vibration isolation
- 5 Speed Shift Pattern Plate - Maintains original appearance
- Installation Hardware and Detailed Installation Instructions - including free lifetime tech support
- 12 Month Product Warranty - Includes 24 month activation delay so you can finish your project.
Note: Bolt-on shifter handle sold separately, designed for manual to manual conversion.