This item does not qualify for promotional or retail discounts.
This item requires a Oversize Fee of $11.50 that will be added to the shipping amount during checkout.
Steeroids kits are completely bolt-on and without modification so you can return your Corvette to its factory (original) steering at any time. Which can only be done by providing you a completely new steering column for your steering system upgrade. Steering columns are available in chrome, black or paintable which would allow you to paint to match your C1 Corvette's interior.
Here are just some of the benefits of Steeroids rack & pinion system for your 1953-1962 Corvette:
- Offers Improved Steering Feel: Recirculating ball steering is vague and unresponsive, especially "on center". Control is greatly enhanced.
- Offers Quicker Ratio: Steeroids power kits yield approximately 2.5 turns lock-to-lock (~2.9 for manual).
- Lighter Weight: Compared to the stock steering system.
- Bolt-On Installation: Absolutely no welding, cutting or drilling. Installs with basic hand tools in approximately 6 hours. Includes rack & pinion, adapter brackets (powder coated black), adjustable tie rod ends (self cleaning & lubricating, Teflon lined), u-joint assembly, and new steering column (chrome, black or paintable)
- Power Steering options include everything to convert to power rack and pinion (or you can stay manual if you desire). Parts included power steering pump, power steering pulley, engine mount brackets, and the power steering hoses to the rack & pinion.
- Steeroids Come As A Complete Kit: All necessary parts are included, including all mounting hardware for a no-hassle installation.
This 1953-1962 Steeriods Rack & Pinion kit is designed to be installed on C1 Corvettes WITHOUT HEADERS. If your early model Corvette does has headers installed, please see Zip item # SC-896 - Steeroids does have rack & pinion systems designed for Corvette with installed headers.
Note: 1955-1962 Corvette Steeroids rack & pinion kits require 2-3 weeks lead time for production prior to shipping. Please consider this delay in availability when placing your order.
|Model Year||1955, 1956, 1957|
We are SpeedDirect and we are devoted to making iconic American cars drive as good as they look. Steeriods rack & pinion steering systems upgrade your Corvette's power or non-power steering, while the Shark Bite line of suspension products includes adjustable control arms and front or rear coil-over suspension.