The MSD Pro-Billet Ready-to-Run distributor is the perfect upgrade for outdated points distributors or bulky HEIs. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect three wires, the coil and fire it up! A maintenance-free magnetic pick-up accurately triggers the module. The increased output of the amplifier easily outperforms stock ignitions and will smooth out the engine's idle, improve starting and provide a much higher rpm range. The Ready-to-Run features MSD's adjustable mechanical advance which allows you to custom tailor an ignition curve to match your engine's needs. There is also a vacuum advance canister to help improve economy. For positive street performance, the Ready-to-Run is the best choice. Includes a separate tach circuit that is ideal to trigger an aftermarket EFI such as an Atomic EFI system.
MSD Pro Billet Distributor w/Internal Module Features:
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- Now includes build-in rev limiter!
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- CARB E.O. Approved
|Model Year||1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974|
- Manufacturer Part Number:: 83603
- WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.p65warnings.co.gov
What do a couple of missile engineers have in common with Corvettes? Well, it was a team of engineers from the White Sands Missile Range who founded MSD in 1970. As they were creating a lean-burn fuel system, they stumbled upon a new type of ignition system which could spark multiple times. Combined with the then-new technology of Capacitive Discharge, MSD found a potent new ignition system for cars. Most efficient when coupled with lean fuels, racers quickly picked up the technology and the legend of MSD was born. No matter whether your Corvette lives on the street or the track, Zip’s collection of MSD Ignition products can help your Corvette perform better and run smoother.