This item does not qualify for promotional or retail discounts.
The Gen IV is Vintage Air's most powerful and intelligent climate control system. The Gen IV uses an exclusive fully electronic microprocessor control system that eliminates cables or vacuum connections. Separate high-capacity copper parallel-flow heat coil and aluminum plate-and fin-cooling coils provide outstanding performance and instant temperature adjustments.
Specifically designed for 1974-1976 Corvette with factory air condition. Now you can have OEM quality comfort; including high volume blower, infinite dash and floor blending, all while retaining the factory look inside your C3 Corvette. Original thumb wheel console controls are used to maintain the factory look of your C3 Corvette. Designed to mount to existing holes in dash and firewall.
1974-1976 Corvette Gen-IV SureFit System Features:
- Fly-By-Wire fully electronic servo motor controls with no cables or capillary tube to route
- Infinite just-right-temperature air blending
- 3-speed blower fan adjustment capability
- High-volume dehumidified defrost mode
- Separate high-capacity aluminum plate & fin cooling coil
- Copper/brass CuproBraze? parallel-flow heater coil
- Mounts behind the dash
- Uses factory thumb wheel controls with our patented Electronic Cable Converters
- Air Condition exits through original dash vents
- Flat steel firewall cover panel
This kit is designed as a direct install for 1974-1976 Corvettes with factory air condition. See Zip # AH-529 for systems designed for converted non-air condition Corvettes to air condition equipped.
Complete kits include everything in the evaporator kit plus all under-hood components such as compressor engine brackets condenser with brackets preformed refrigerant lines drier fittings hardware and installation instructions. Evaporator kit comes complete with all mounting brackets, hardware, louvers, duct hose, wiring harness and installation instructions.
Note: Some installations may require additional engine pulleys not included with kits. You must provide pulleys, V-belts, heater hoses and refrigerant.
|Model Year||1974, 1975, 1976|
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.co.gov
Vintage Air claims to be the “World’s Fastest Air Conditioning Company” not because their products cool your car faster than another brand (although they might), but because their products are designed specifically for high-speed, high-performance street rods. Does the A/C in your C1, C2, or C3 Corvette not cool like it should? Jack Chisenhall’s team at Vintage Air has developed the perfect solution for your car. Zip carries their Gen IV A/C system, and believe us, it works. Not just for “street rods”, you can trust Vintage Air to be perfect for your Corvette.