This item does not qualify for promotional or retail discounts.
The RTX series is the latest from Dakota Digital, focused on retaining your C3 Corvette's stock look without sacrificing the late-model features you expect. Every effort has been put forth to incorporate OEM design elements regarding the layout, face styling and indicators. A casual glance may dismiss these as original equipment, but once you hit the switch and the LED backlighting comes on in your favorite color scheme, all doubts will be removed. You'll reuse your stock instrument rear housings and front bezels, but we'll take care of the clear lenses and world-class instrumentation!
Starting from scratch, CNC machined housings are filled with electronics designed and built in-house, helping Dakota Digital once again raise the bar for aftermarket instrumentation. The high-definition TFT message centers can be fully configured to display just about any piece of information needed. As you've come to expect from Dakota Digital, the RTX series utilizes a central control box to make installation and setup as easy as possible. Check out the information below and online manuals for a more in-depth look at the RTX series!
Note: Designed for 1978-1982 Corvette applications. Includes CNC machined speedometer/tachometer bezel. Center gauge cluster bezel not included - shown for visual/presentation purposes only.
Analog Gauges Include:
- Speedometer - 0 -160 MPH (optional metric version 0- 260 kmh)
- Tachometer - 0- 8,000 RPM
- Oil Pressure - 0- 80 psi
- Water Temperature - 100- 260ºF (optional metric version 40- 120ºC)
- Fuel Level - E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- Voltmeter - 9- 17 VDC
Digital Message Centers Include:
- Odometer (One time user settable, Million Mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0- 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- Estimated Range/ Miles to Empty
- 0- 60 MPH Timer (0- 100 kmh)
- 1/4 and 1/8 mile time
- 1/4 and 1/8 mile end speed (trap speed)
- High speed recall
- High RPM recall
Built-in Indicators Include:
- Turn Signals (Left/ Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control (On/ On & Engaged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (Optional GSS-3000 sensor required)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
- Two Auxiliary input indicators with user-programmable labels
- Each analog gauge sweep contains a red LED indicator for quick notice of a warning condition (except speedometer) **Not all OEM indicator lamp functions will be replaced.
- Colors - Over 30 user-selectable color options allow you to independently change the needle color, sweep color and digital TFT display color.
- Brightness - Both daytime and nighttime brightness can be easily controlled through the RTX setup menu, allowing you to choose your preferred lighting intensity level, toggled by the activation of the headlight switch. If on-the-fly rotary type control is desired, the DIM-1 is a common accessory to add this functionality.
- Themes - With 12 factory preset color themes, you can quickly create a beautiful looking system. Or, for the ultimate in customization, choose all of the color zones yourself.
- Technology - Full LED backlighting provides a strikingly visual gauge package, with sharp contrast for ease of viewing both night and day. Full RGB backlighting allows you to create the specific color you want, with a unique daytime and nighttime theme if desired. Whether your goal is an OE look or something truly bold, the RTXX Series lets you make that choice.
- Water Temperature - 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- Oil Pressure - 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- Cable Driven Speed Sensor/ Generator - Replaces GM style speedometer cables with a 10 ft harness. Sensor requires approximately 5" clearance extending between the cable drive output and any obstruction.
- Bushings - Each kit comes with 1/8" to 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads.
Calibration and Use:
Pushbutton Control - Dakota Digital instrument systems are programmed and operated by the push of a button. A two-sided rocker switch is included with each package; mount this switch in an easily accessible location when in the driving position. The rocker switch provide quick and consistent access to all functions, either in driving mode or while in the setup menu. Button-press feedback is available through the TFT Message Center, or through the included buzzer. Once configured, this same switch is used to access the wealth of information located in the digital message centers.
Mobile App - RTX instrument systems can also be completely configured through the available mobile app, suitable to Android and Apple devices. Using your existing tablet or smart phone, download the free app, sync your device to the RTX system, and enjoy quick and convenient menu navigation and real time gauge readouts for diagnostic use or a secondary display.
|Model Year||1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982|
Dakota Digital is the world’s leading supplier of aftermarket automotive and motorcycle instrumentation. Their 40,000 square foot manufacturing facility is dedicated to engineering, developing and manufacturing exciting products for the automotive enthusiast. Dakota Digital manufactures the HDX, VHX and Digital gauge packages designed to fit into factory Corvette gauge and instrument clusters.