This item does not qualify for promotional or retail discounts.
Custom installs, LS conversions and highly optioned C3 Corvettes are all possible with today's street and resto-rod builders. Hence the reason the Custom Series wire harness package was created to reduce build time while providing foresight, engineering, and flexibility. Complete 1968-1976 Corvette wiring harness package covers from headlight to taillight and everything in between. Designed to allow the builder to choose their own routing AND include access for the most popular custom, aftermarket, and original options.
What is the RestoMod Series wiring system?
In basic terms, it's a complete wiring system in a box! This (made in the USA) system was designed with the foresight and engineering to bring your Corvette's electrical system up to date, with power capabilities necessary to run separate additional options. It's the simplest way to update wiring with the customized upgrades you want installed. Upgrades may include a newer steering column, H.E.I. electronic ignition, aftermarket heater & A/C system, reproduction tail light assemblies, updated gauges, etc. This is not a generic wiring kit that fits everything from a street rod to a dune buggy. This is a complete headlight-to-tail light wiring system designed specifically for 1968-1976 Corvettes. You choose the routing of the wiring to fit your needs, and to accommodate all of the most popular custom/aftermarket and reproduction/original accessories you desire. This 12-volt system also includes many of your Corvette's basic electrical devices, switches, and detailed installation instructions. Yes. We make wiring THAT easy!
Is this wiring system the right choice for you?
If you plan to mostly-customize or fully-customize your C3 Corvette, we offer our RestoMod Series wiring system. But the question is, What is meant by a "RestoMod Wiring System"? Ultimately, that will be for you to decide. But here are some guidelines:
- Do you want the flexibility to route your wiring the way you want?
- Do you want to hide your wiring, and need longer-than-factory wire lengths to do so?
- Do you want original equipment style connectors and terminals for aftermarket gauges or instrument panels?
- Do you want an updated fuse block (with plastic fuses) and room to add more circuits to connect other devices?
- Do you want to save some money by cutting most of the wire to the length you need, crimping most of the terminals yourself, and taping the harness to suit your needs?
If you've answered YES to the above questions, then our RestoMod Series wiring system is an option for you. But please read the information below to be certain. Our RestoMod Series wiring system is designed for an upgraded/modified Corvette. Consequently, it:
- does not support an ammeter, but will support a voltmeter.
- does not support a stock voltage regulator, or externally regulated alternator, but will support an internally regulated Delco SI Series or 1-wire alternator. Some adapters may be available for use with other internally regulated alternators.
- does not connect to factory-original wiring since this complete system will replace all of your original wiring.
PLEASE NOTE: This RestoMod Series Wiring System is recommended only if you are building a fully customized, mostly customized, retro-mod/retro-rod type of Corvette. It is designed for that purpose. If your goal is to restore your Corvette to its factory-original/OEM configuration, or primarily factory-original configuration with some upgrades/options, then we highly recommend that you purchase our individual original design Corvette wiring harnesses instead, then make any wiring modifications necessary to accommodate your upgrades/modifications.
1968-1976 Corvette RestoMod wiring harness features & specifications:
- New ATO style fuse panel and bulkhead connector assembly that mounts directly into the factory firewall opening without modification.
- Dash harness routing is exactly like the original harness and will connect to all your stock dash and cluster connections while still accommodating nearly all aftermarket accessories such as: electric gauge packages, HVAC systems, power window kits and updated wiper systems. Standard horn relay, turn signal and hazard flashers are included in the dash harness.
- Includes the correct connectors and terminals for connection to your original 1968-1974 Corvette heater controls. Dash harness connects to an original 1975-1976 Corvette heater system and harness (sold separately).
- Dash harness connects to an original A/C system and harness, (sold separately).
- A “high powered” accessory connector is included to power accessories like power seats, door locks, cruise control, fuel pump and other accessories.
- A 175 amp Megafuse to protect your electrical system and 6 gauge (heavy gauge) alternator lead are provided to support a single-wire alternator or internally regulated alternator.
- The “through-the-firewall” bulkhead connector mounts in the stock location of the original bulkhead connector and allows for Engine Harness and Forward Lamp Harness to be connected at the firewall.
- Engine wiring includes: feeds for coil, tachometer, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, wiper motor and washer pump. Mating connectors and terminals are supplied for the power and tachometer leads for a GM style H.E.I. distributor, along with various oil and temperature senders. The Turbo 400 kickdown and “Cold Air Hood Door” (1973-1975) leads and connectors are also provided.
- A complete plug & play wiper motor and blower motor ground wiring harness is included.
- Correct wiring, connectors and terminals provided for the windshield wiper switch, motor, wiper door system and relay (1968-1972).
- Front lighting includes: extra-long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All power and ground wires are provided for the headlights, park lights, side maker lights, directional lights, headlight warning leads and horn. An ignition-switched trigger wire is provided for an electric radiator fan relay which is recommended with air condition.
- Front lighting wiring connects to original 1968-69 parking light assemblies (not included), or original 1970-76 front parking light extension harnesses (sold separately, Part # E-581).
- Rear Body Harness plugs into the Dash Harness at the left kick panel. Our longer lead wires allow for stock or custom routing of wires. The rear body wiring includes: stop/taillight leads, side marker leads and back up leads. Also included are disconnectable stop/taillight, side marker and back-up lamp extensions that include the twist-in style tail lamps sockets with the accordion style seal boots (1968-1973) or plastic light sockets (1974-1976) and molded side marker lights for the (1968-1976). Power and ground leads for the glovebox, rear compartment courtesy light, license light and fuel tank sender are included along with the rear body pass through grommet.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy access and service. Original terminals, connectors and lamp sockets are provided for stock cluster and console gauge connections. The system can also connect to most popular aftermarket gauges such as: Autometer, Classic Instruments, Dakota Digital, VDO and others.
- Dash mounted (1968) and column mounted (1969-1976) ignition switches are supported.
- Steering column turn signal switch connectors plug directly into stock OEM or most aftermarket steering columns using the adapter and terminals provided.
- Includes complete under-dash courtesy lamp assemblies with door jamb switch leads (Requires use of 1975-76 door jamb switch, Zip # ES-560).
- Includes new floor headlight dimmer switch.
- Includes 1969-76 style interior rear panel light socket. (1968 door pillar or interior rear panel light harnesses are supported, but sold separately).
- Includes many original switch connector bodies.
- Includes headlight switch connector that plugs into your original headlight switch with vacuum ports.
- Detailed color schematics and easy-to-understand
|Model Year||1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976|