This item does not qualify for promotional discounts or wholesale pricing.
This item requires a of $18.00 that will be added to the shipping amount during checkout. This charge includes UPS Peak Season Surcharge Rates.
Everything needed to convert your original 3 or 4-speed 1968-1979 Corvette to a NEW Tremec TKX 5-speed manual transmission - perfect for those who desire improved performance, increased drivability while maintaining the stock look and feel.
Kit includes the new Tremec TKX 5-speed OD transmission with custom machined PerfectFit side-mount shifter, transmission crossmember bracket (No Modifications Required!), speedometer cable/adapter, 5-speed console emblem, reverse light adapter and dynamically balanced lightweight custom driveshaft with quick release slip yoke and u-joints. This transmission kit includes detailed instructions to complete the installation.
Tremec 5-speed kits have dominated the Restomod market place. PerfectFit Tremecs not only add value to classic Corvette but they provide unparalleled drivability without compromise to the original, factory looks.
The new Tremec TKX transmission features superior shift-ability with smooth shifts at high RPMs through the use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings. At the same time, noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) performance is optimized with a gear layout to best control stress levels, while providing structural stiffness with a ribbed, 3-piece aluminum housing. Durability is further optimized with oversized gear widths, gaskets at all flanges and caged needle bearings in all gear positions.
The TKX transmission is capable of handling 600lb-ft torque with shifts up to 7,500 rpms. Interchangeable with both mechanical or hydraulic clutch actuators without tearing tear down the transmission. Designed for everyday street use - an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners in a new compact design. 1-year warranty with a 2-year installation window. Tremec TKX close ratio transmission gear ratio 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, 0.68 or 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, 0.81. Specify final gear ration when ordering.
What to expect when converting your 1968-1979 Corvette to the Tremec TKX 5-speed transmission:
- 30-50% increase in fuel economy
- Low RPM cruising for greatly reduced driver fatigue and an improved highway driving experience. Road trips are fun again!
- Reduced engine wear leading to longer engine life
- Cooler engine operating temperatures
- Reduced NVH (noise - vibration - harshness)
Tremec TKX Kit Components Overview:
- Tremec TKX 5 Speed Overdrive - 600 ft/lb torque capacity
- Compact billet aluminum shifter mechanism provides smooth shifting with short throws. True internal offset with perfect factory shifter positioning
- Thoroughly tested for leaks and performance
- CAD Designed Transmission Crossmember - high strength, easy bolt in, no frame mods required
- Driveshaft & Quick Release Slip Yoke - Lightweight, steel, custom driveshaft for superior strength. Dynamically balanced for smooth operation and premium solid u-joints come standard
- Calibrated Speedo Cable or Electronic Speedo Connector
- Reverse Light Connector
- Pilot Bearing - Super heavy duty needle roller type with lube seal for long life
- Isolator Mount - Rubber for vibration isolation
- 5 Speed Shift Pattern Plate - Maintains original appearance
- Installation Hardware and Detailed Installation Instructions - including free lifetime tech support
- 12 Month Product Warranty - Includes 24-month activation delay so you can finish your project.
Note: Does not include shifter handle - can use your Corvette's existing bolt-on shifter handle or replace with Zip #TM-390 or TM-391 depending on the application. Tremec conversions are designed for manual to manual conversion. If you want to convert your factory automatic C3 Corvette to a 5 or 6-speed Tremec transmission - you can complete the Tremec conversion by ordering an "automatic to manual" conversion package from Zip Corvette. See Zip # TM-388 for the automatic to manual conversion.
|Model Year||1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979|
Silver Sport Transmissions modifies Tremec 5 and 6 speed transmissions to retrofit into your classic car, truck or street rod and includes any parts and accessories required to install them. Silver Sport’s PerfectFit™ Kits are made to last with only the highest grade parts included in their kits and all transmissions are quality tested for leaks, noise, and performance. Silver Sport Transmissions' experience runs deep. Their engineering, sales and technical staff provides a 75 year combined experience and the PerfectFit™ line of transmissions has been installed into more classics than any other on the market - so they’ll be perfect for your Corvette.