DEI developed a simple but effective solution. By installing our converter heat shield we can block this heat transfer from happening and prevent the oil temperature from rising.
2005-2019 Corvette Catalytic Converter Shield features:
- Dual layer design - Outer layer is hi-temp Titanium material, Inner layer is 89% silica material to handle extreme heat
- Reduce heat soak into oil
- Easy installation with stainless steel locking ties
- Helps prevent car going into "limp mode' from engine
Note: This DEI catalytic converter heat shield can also be effective in reducing starter heat soak on the passenger side of 2006-2013 Corvettes. Reducing radiated heat from the RH side catalytic converter. Not required on C7 Corvettes as the factory installed starter heat shield does an excellent job of protecting from excessive heat.
|Model Year||2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019|
- WARNING: This product can expose you to a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.co.gov
Over a decade ago, David Markley and Design Engineering, Inc. started providing some of the best thermal tuning products to the motorsport world. Today, they offer such thermal tuning products as exhaust wraps, heat shields, and boot and wire protection. DEI also offers a cryogenic intake system, and recently branched into nitrous oxide. Zip is pleased to offer many of DEI’s heat shield products, and our sales team can help you determine which equipment will best suit your application.