Finally an inexpensive way to fix the heat radiating through the center console in your C5 Corvette. DEI has developed a material specific for use in the exhaust tunnel and firewall areas to stop unwanted exhaust heat from saturating the inside of the car. Constructed with an embossed 10 mil aluminum face bonded to ⅛"composite glass-fiber core and backed with a high temp super strong pressure sensitive backing - perfect for adhering to your Corvette's factory underbody exhaust tunnel panel.
Floor & Tunnel Shield II withstands up to 1750F of direct continuous heat. The adhesive side holds past 450F. Its improved multifaceted modern aluminum surface offers improved reflectivity and rigidity and allows for ease of installation.
Check out these features:
- Reduce console & interior temperatures
- Precision die cut for a perfect fit & ease of installation
- No need to remove the Trans Tunnel Plate
- Peel backing, align into position & press into place
- Not affected by wind, water or other harsh conditions
- Extremely light weight
Exhaust tunnel heat shield includes coverage on the tunnel or close-out plate.
|Model Year||1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004|
- WARNING: This product can expose you to a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.co.gov
Over a decade ago, David Markley and Design Engineering, Inc. started providing some of the best thermal tuning products to the motorsport world. Today, they offer such thermal tuning products as exhaust wraps, heat shields, and boot and wire protection. DEI also offers a cryogenic intake system, and recently branched into nitrous oxide. Zip is pleased to offer many of DEI’s heat shield products, and our sales team can help you determine which equipment will best suit your application.