The Ignitor III is the first ignition box that is completely inside the distributor. It senses current levels in the coil and adjusts the dwell to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range. Dwell time is increased or decreased with changing engine RPM and operating conditions. This provides more energy at high RPM reducing misfires while improving the engine's performance.
1957-1974 1x4 Corvette Ignitor III kit features:
- 5 times more spark energy than points
- Multi-spark thru the entire RPM range
- Increased spark energy
- User set REV limit
- Replaces points or used as an upgrade for Flame-Thrower Billet V8 distributors
Gain even more performance with the new flame thrower igntion wires and epoxy coil. Epoxy filled with an output of 40,000 volts, this coil will set your ignition on fire.
|Generation||C1, C2, C3|
|Model Year||1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974|
- WARNING: This product can expose you to a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.co.gov
- CARB Certification: This item is 50-state legal - EO # D-57-22
How did a big-rig headlight maker turn into a leader in the performance ignition industry? The credit goes to Tom Reh, the CFO of PerTronix in the early nineties. After selling the headlight part of their business, Tom and his team changed the name of the company to PerTronix and focused all their manufacturing efforts on the Ignitor and Flame-Thrower product lines. Today, their systems often look stock, but perform much better than OE ignition systems. Zip features a complete line of PerTronix Ignition products for C1-C3 Corvettes.