If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. The MSD Blaster Coil is designed for improved spark output! Special 100:1 windings are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage! These windings are held secure and kept cool in an oil filled metal canister. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark.
Each Blaster Coil can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application.
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series (ballast resistor required for points)
- Alkyd tower with high dielectric properties is less prone to carbon tracking
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved
Can be used in any 1956-1974 Corvette.
|Generation||C1, C2, C3|
|Model Year||1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974|
- UPC: 085132082025
- Manufacturer Part Number:: 8202
- WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.p65warnings.co.gov
- CARB Certification: This item is 50-state legal - EO # D-40-37
What do a couple of missile engineers have in common with Corvettes? Well, it was a team of engineers from the White Sands Missile Range who founded MSD in 1970. As they were creating a lean-burn fuel system, they stumbled upon a new type of ignition system which could spark multiple times. Combined with the then-new technology of Capacitive Discharge, MSD found a potent new ignition system for cars. Most efficient when coupled with lean fuels, racers quickly picked up the technology and the legend of MSD was born. No matter whether your Corvette lives on the street or the track, Zip’s collection of MSD Ignition products can help your Corvette perform better and run smoother.