This item does not qualify for promotional or retail discounts.
Custom installs, LS conversions and highly optioned C2 Corvettes are all possible with today's street and resto-rod builders. Hence the reason the Custom Series wire harness package was created to reduce build time while providing foresight, engineering, and flexibility. Complete 1963-1967 Corvette wiring harness package covers from headlight to taillight and everything in between. Designed to allow the builder to choose their own routing AND include access for the most popular custom, aftermarket, and original options.
What is the RestoMod Series wiring system?
In basic terms, it's a complete wiring system in a box! This (made in the USA) system was designed with the foresight and engineering to bring your Corvette's electrical system up to date, with power capabilities necessary to run separate additional options. It's the simplest way to update wiring with the customized upgrades you want installed. Upgrades may include a newer steering column, H.E.I. electronic ignition, aftermarket heater & A/C system, reproduction tail light assemblies, updated gauges, an alternator, etc. This is not a generic wiring kit that fits everything from a street rod to a dune buggy. This is a complete headlight-to-tail light wiring system designed specifically for 1963-1967 Corvettes. You choose the routing of the wiring to fit your needs, and to accommodate all of the most popular custom/aftermarket and reproduction/original accessories you desire. This 12-volt system also includes many of your Corvette's basic electrical devices, switches, and detailed installation instructions. Yes. We make wiring THAT easy!
Is this wiring system the right choice for you?
If you plan to mostly-customize or fully-customize your Corvette, we offer our RestoMod Series wiring system. But the question is, What is meant by a "RestoMod Wiring System"? Ultimately, that will be for you to decide. But here are some guidelines:
- Do you want the flexibility to route your wiring the way you want?
- Do you want to hide your wiring, and need longer-than-factory wire lengths to do so?
- Do you want original equipment style connectors and terminals for aftermarket gauges or instrument panels?
- Do you want an updated fuse block (with plastic fuses) and room to add more circuits to connect other devices?
- Do you want to save some money by cutting most of the wire to the length you need, crimping most of the terminals yourself, and taping the harness to suit your needs?
If you've answered YES to the above questions, then our RestoMod Series wiring system is an option for you. But please read the information below to be certain. Our RestoMod Series wiring system is designed for an upgraded/modified Corvette. Consequently, it:
- does not support an ammeter, but will support a voltmeter.
- does not support a stock voltage regulator, or externally regulated alternator, but will support an internally regulated Delco SI Series or 1-wire alternator. Some adapters may be available for use with other internally regulated alternators.
- does not connect to factory-original wiring since this complete system will replace all of your original wiring.
PLEASE NOTE: This RestoMod Series Wiring System is recommended only if you are building a fully customized, mostly customized, retro-mod/retro-rod type of Corvette. It is designed for that purpose. If your goal is to restore your Corvette to its factory-original/OEM configuration, or primarily factory-original configuration with some upgrades/options, then we highly recommend that you purchase our individual original design Corvette wiring harnesses instead, then make any wiring modifications necessary to accommodate your upgrades/modifications.
1963-1967 Corvette RestoMod wiring harness features & specifications:
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 30-amp circuit breaker, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are included (1964-1967 owners can use their original knob and shaft assembly, if desired).
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- NEW compact ATO-Style fuse panel that is fully encased in a closed box assembly with cover lid that mounts on the left hand door hinge pillar under the dash for easy access (mounting hardware included). The fuse cover lid is labeled on the inside identifying all circuits by description and their respective fuse ratings. All high amperage output circuits incorporate superior spring steel reinforced terminals.
- Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; electric gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, updated wiper systems, etc.
- Many original switch connector bodies!
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1963-1967 Corvette columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Correct original style under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are included.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS?, DAKOTA DIGITAL?, AUTOMETER?, VDO?, and others (will not service the stock ammeter).
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick panel location. Our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes stop / tail light lead and back up lead wires along with dis-connectable stop / tail and back up lamp extensions that include the proper ?twist in? style tail lamp sockets and accordion style seal boots. License plate lamp lead along with fuel tank sender, power and dedicated sender ground leads are also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- A separate remote "through-the-firewall" bulkhead connector that mounts in the stock location of the original bulkhead connector is included so that the engine and front lighting wiring can be easily disconnected at the firewall.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tachometer, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed).
- Heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1-wire, or internally regulated "SI" series alternator. (A "CS" series alternator can be installed with optional alternator conversion harness, sold separately).
- Connectors supplied for power and tachometer leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors. This kit will also support MSD ignition systems, and other electronic ignition systems. If desired, mechanical points can be installed with a required ballast resistor (not included).
- Will support a computerized fuel injection system.
- Connectors supplied for various oil and temperature sending units.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances.
- All head light, parking light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- New headlight bucket extension harnesses are also included.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector included.
- Detailed color schematics and easy-to-understand instruction manual.
|Model Year||1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967|